Is one-stop “shopping” for many resources. This is basically the “Google” for congregational resourcing!
Counseling | Coaching | Mental Health | Congregational Care
If you are in need of mental health or coaching resources for yourself or your congregation we highly recommend the Samaritan Counseling Center of the Capital Region. Samaritan has offices around the Presbytery is is our go-to resource for clergy and congregations. Contact Dr. Keli Rugenstein who is the Director of the Clergy and Congregation Consulting Program. Keli’s group can assist your congregation with needs around organizational change, conflict management and they administer the Congregational Assessment Tool through Holy Cow! Consulting.
Silver Bay Presbytery Meeting, June 4, 2016
Associate for Congregations Report, The Rev. Dr. Timothy Coombs
Congregational coaching seeks to bring a group of representative leaders together to discover and plan for a new path forward for the church. Can a congregation do all this without a coach? Perhaps, but why would you want to do so. It is much easier with a coach. A congregation is less likely to get off track than without one. You can learn more in Tim’s blog: Congregational Coaching.
- Online Communication Resources – A list of resources, ideas and suggestions for people looking to set up communications within their church community. We plan to update this document as it evolves and encourage you to share your ideas, resources, your experience on what has worked and what hasn’t.
- E-News – Subscribe to E-News, How to Submit Information for E-News: Click Here
- Communications Overview – Article and Video
- Communications plan – where do you start? – What does biology have to do with communications?
- Website – How the Right Website Strengthens Communications
- Blogging – Blogging with the Presbytery?
- Facebook – 6 Questions and Answers about Facebook
- Engagement: How do we get out the word? – Engagement is the Key to Sustainability
- Free online tool for creating graphic images – Images that Make an Impact: Video
(The “Work Version” is also Free for Non-Profits. Just complete this application.)
- Albany Presbytery Website Video Overview: Phase 2 Updates – Jan 2017
Online and Social Media
- #chsocm (Weekly Twitter class for congregational leaders about social media best practices)
- TechSoup (an online shopping center for nonprofits where you can get software at a discounted rate)
- NonProfit Tech for Good (great webinars, resources and best practices. Hosts a weekly informational newsletter)
- Association of Presbyterian Church Educators
- Theocademy Membership Training, Elder and Deacon Training, Confirmation via Open Source Video
- Presbyterian Publishing Corporation
- PCUSA Curriculum
- Lake Institute
- Presbyterian Foundation (click on their resources tab for congregational resources)
- Not Your Parent’s Offering Plate
- New York Council on NonProfits (Albany Presbytery is a member and they have excellent resources on just about everything)
- I Refuse to Lead a Dying Church (we are reading this across the Presbytery during 2015 in the COM and Regional Congregational Groups)
- Tom Rainer’s Blog
- A Church for Starving Artists
- Faith and Leadership at Duke Divinity School
- NEXT Church
We continue to build resources all the time!
If you have resources to add please send them to [email protected] and we’d be glad to add them to this growing resource list.