The trustees of the St Paul’s Lutheran Cemetery Association, Schoharie, NY are looking for someone to act as the Cemetery Superintendent. The cemetery is entrusted to the members of the Schoharie United Presbyterian Church; the church session members are the trustees of the Association.
It is a part-time position as traditionally the cemetery has not conducted burials when the ground is frozen. There is a salary and commissions involved.
The duties would be:
- Overseeing Burials (10% Commission)
- Coordinate with funeral directors, families, gravediggers, clergy, groundskeeper and vault companies, etc. to ensure a dignified and smooth burial.
- Supervise the opening and closing of the graves.
- Complete and file legal documents and records associated with the burials.
- Maintain and update the Cemetery Operations Manual.
- Hire personnel or contractors to repair and /or straighten headstones.
- Set corner markers.
- Level and seed gravesites.
- Sell Cemetery Lots (5% Commission)
- Making quarterly reports to the Trustees listing the activities of the Superintendent as well as burials, lot sales, and maintenance projects.
- Acting as a liaison between the Groundskeeper and the Trustees.
For more information, please contact Pat Adams, Association President, 518-231-4937.