The Committee on Ministers and Congregations is commissioned to carry out aspects of the Presbytery’s work in the following ways:
- serve as pastor and counselor to all Ministers and Commissioned Ruling Elders
- facilitate relationships between congregations and Ministers and Commissioned Ruling Elders
- counsel with a session concerning reported difficulties within a congregation, including: (1) advising the session as to appropriate actions to be taken to resolve the reported difficulties, (2) offering to help as a mediator, and (3) acting to correct the difficulties if requested to do so by the session or if the session is unable or unwilling to do so, following the procedural safeguards of the Rules of Discipline
- recommend to the Presbytery the appointment of commissions to assume original jurisdiction in any situation in which it determines that a session cannot exercise its authority
- propose annually the minimum compensation standards for pastoral calls and Certified Christian Educators and Certified Associate Christian Educators for approval by the presbytery
- propose and administer the Presbytery’s financial support for ministers and congregations
This Committee is commissioned to:
- appoint administrative commissions of Presbytery for the purpose of ordaining and installing Ministers and Commissioned Ruling Elders to particular pastoral service
- approve terms of call and contracts for Ministers and Commissioned Ruling Elders
- examine and receive Ministers by transfer from other presbyteries for the purpose of accepting valid calls to ministry and membership in the Presbytery; and for membership in the Presbytery as at-large and honorably retired.
- approve and review annually the work of all teaching elders engaged in validated ministries outside the congregation.