What Youth Opportunities Are Available? Read down this page to learn more about
- Presbyterian Youth Triennium 2019
- Young Adult Advisory Delegate (YAAD)
- Youth Adult Volunteer Experience (YAV)
- Annual High School Youth Leadership Forum
- UN Youth Leadership Conference Dominated by AlbPresby Delegates by Christy D’Ambrosio
- Youth Reflections from the Annual High School Youth Leadership Forum: Feb 2017
- Summer Camp “Camperships” Policy: We plan to begin sharing information regarding the 2019 Camperships in February. Please check back for details.
Young Adult Advisory Delegate (YAAD)
As part of PC(USA)’s governance system, Young Adult Advisory Delegates (YAAD) participate in our connectional church gatherings, such as General Assembly and Synod Assembly.
“You are very important,” said YAAD advisor Keisla Lanzot in her “What is a YAAD” presentation. “The Moderator and commissioners expect you to represent the youth perspective with full voice and vote in committees. Be prepared to listen and learn, but also to respectfully express your opinion – not that of your presbytery, synod or church, but your opinion. You are part of a bigger community.”
You can read Maxine’s blog post from the 223rd General Assembly here:
You can read about a previous YAAD’s experiences, from Samantha Brewer, in her blogs:
- Introducing the #GA222 Commissioners from #AlbPresby
- Serving as a Young Adult Advisory Delegate by Samantha Brewer
- Synod Assembly: 2016 Young Adult Advisory Delegate (YAAD) by Samantha Brewer
If you are interested in learning more, contact the Albany Presbytery Office and ask to be directed to the group in our Presbytery who can provide you more information on the application process. Email: email@example.com or (518) 273-4991
Young Adult Volunteer (YAV)
What is the Young Adult Experience?
Being a Young Adult Volunteer (YAV) means entering into a transformational year of service. What do YAVs do? Typically, YAVs:
- Volunteer alongside local partners in sites across the United States and the world.
- Engage in root causes of poverty, reconciliation and holistic witness to the Gospel.
- Participant in intentional Christian community with fellow YAVs and local partners.
- Explore vocational discernment to articulate your passions, label your talents & live into God’s call.
YAVs are supported in their faith journey through orientation & end-of-term debriefing events. You can learn more about this opportunity on the Presbyterian Mission Agency website.
2016-2017 YAV from Albany Presbytery
Albany Presbytery is proud to have supported Olivia Orth in her YAV experience. She also summarized her experience in this article: Telling My Story: A YAV Experience to Zambia by Olivia Orth
While Olivia was away, she blogged regularly during her trip. You can read about her adventures on her blog site: Teaching to Learn – YAV Olivia Orth
Young Adult Volunteer (YAV) Support Grants from Presbyterian Women in the Synod of the Northeast are also available on on the PWSNE website. Click here for more information.
Annual High School Youth Leadership Forum
The Revolution of Hip Hop: A Low-Key Party For World Peace: Feb 2018
The trip has been completed. Read more about this trip: UN Youth Leadership Conference Dominated by AlbPresby Delegates by Christy D’Ambrosio
Youth Reflections from the Annual High School Youth Leadership Forum: Feb 2017
See what our Youth had to say below in both written as well as video reflections. Click here.
Informational Video for the 2017 Annual High School Youth Leadership Forum
Summer Camp “Camperships” Policy
Summer Camp “Camperships” Policy — This fund, which now a line item in the presbytery budget, is administered by the office staff. Grants are available to children and youth of Albany Presbytery member congregations/worshiping communities to attend summer camp (at a camp associated with any denomination with whom the PC(USA) is in correspondence) or special regional or national events.
We plan to begin sharing information regarding the 2019 Camperships in February. Please check back for details.
If you have any questions, please contact the Albany Presbytery Office.
Read more in this blog: Church Camp & “Camperships” 2018 by Tim Coombs