We want to help promote thoughts, ideas, events, prayers and anything else that is important in the life of our Presbytery, Member Congregations, Partner Ministries and Worshipping Communities. In order to do that, we are working to update our E-News format to make it easier to access, read and share.
We will no longer be publishing a PDF file format for the newsletter.
We are listening
We have clearly heard from you. Community is important. Communications is important. Time is precious.
- We ask that you partner with us as we experiment with new formats and styles.
- What is not working? We can’t anticipate all circumstances. If something is not working for you, tell us so we can find ways to address it.
- What do you like? (We need to know when we get something right too!)
- Do you have any ideas on who to do this better?
Instructions for contributing to the Albany Presbytery E-News
We strive to send out 2 E-News releases a month. Please send all submissions to the office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send us the details for the Event in a format that we can easy cut and paste from to lessen the chance of errors when uploading the details into our website. This would include:
- Event name
- Date & Time
- Location including venue name & address
- Contact for questions including: Name, email, phone & website when available
- Details for the website: what is the purpose of the event?
If you have a flyer, we will create an image of it and then include the image of the flyer and the details on our Calendar on the Albany Presbytery website. We will provide links to those events with the E-News.
Further promotion of your event: You can also write an article or blog post about your event which will be ALSO shared in the E-News.
These topics will be best shared through our Blog site of the Albany Presbytery website. These blog posts will be shared in the E-News.
In order to contribute to our Blog site, we will need the following:
- A title for your blog post/article
- An image/picture for your post (that will go at the beginning
of the article and will be used when promoting)
- Your article
- A head picture of you
- A little blurb about you. A couple of sentences that is more personal. This picture and blurb will be added at the end of the article and it helps the reader connect on a more personal level.
You can learn more here:
Caring for One Another:
We don’t have a place yet on our website to point people to prayer requests which would be in addition to our prayer calendar. But we are working to find a way for this.
You can find more information about our E-News Editions on our website.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com or 518-273-4991.
Kim is the Communications Manager for the Albany Presbytery. Outside of this role, she is passionate about her family and inspiring people to grow and contribute in meaningful ways. You can reach Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org.