Presbyterian Women (PW) is an independent organization within the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) of more than 300,000 women. It offers women in the church meaningful ways to live out their faith in the midst of a caring community of women. Presbyterian Women was created in 1988 with the reunited Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). Presbyterian Women has a structure similar to that of PCUSA, in that there are groups called Circles at the Congregation level and Coordinating Teams at the Presbytery, Synod and Church-wide levels.
Forgiven and freed by God in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to nurture our faith through prayer and Bible study, to support the mission of the church worldwide, to work for justice and peace, and to build an inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and witnesses to the promise of God’s kingdom.
Birthday Offering of Presbyterian Women
The Birthday Offering is a PW offering received in the spring of each year to celebrate the blessings in the lives of Presbyterian Women. The offering funds up to five projects that are not included in ongoing General Assembly mission support, such as agricultural development, child care, community organization, criminal justice, drug counseling, economic justice, elderly care, employment training, homelessness, literacy, violence and women’s concerns.
To learn more and apply, click here
The Thank Offering is a PW offering collected in the fall of each year that gives women a tangible way to express their gratitude for the special blessings in their lives. The offering funds projects such as agricultural development, child care, community organization, criminal justice, drug counseling, economic justice, elderly care, employment training, homelessness, literacy, violence and women’s concerns. At least 40% of this offering supports health ministries throughout the world. The remaining 60% funds new creative ideas for mission.
To learn more and apply, click here
Hamilton Union’s MoonBee
Hands-on mission activity to make reusable menstrual management kits for girls in undeveloped countries. Activities for all skill levels, from cutting out fabric to machine sewing. We will also be collecting disposable feminine hygiene supplies for the Guilderland Interfaith Food Pantry — Saturday, September 21, 2019 @ Hamilton Union Presbyterian Church. Click here for event details.
Presbyterian Night-In America
Plan to join the Mayfield Presbyterian Women for dinner and fellowship on Wednesday, October 9 at 6:00 p.m. American food will be provided and a freewill offering will be taken to be split between the Presbyterian Disaster Assistance Fund and the New Beginnings Christian School in Liberia that our former student intern, Rev. Victor Doe, is starting in Liberia. Click here for event details.
Presbyterian Women in the Presbytery of Albany Fall Gathering
Join Presbyterian Women in the Presbytery of Albany for their Fall Gathering on October 16 at Cambridge United Presbyterian Church. Click here for event details.
Presbyterian Women in the Synod of the Northeast Fall Gathering
All women are invited to the Presbyterian Women in the Synod of the Northeast Fall Gathering — Fri. Oct. 18 – Sat Oct. 19, 2019 @ Stony Point Center, NY. Click here for Event Details
2021 Churchwide Gathering of Presbyterian Women
Save the date for the 2021 Churchwide Gathering of Presbyterian Women in St. Louis,Missouri.August 5-8, 2021. Click here for details.
SISTERS STAND AND WALK TOGETHER (SSWT)
This class can be up to a three-year program of Presbyterian Women in the Synod of the Northeast. It was originally designed to acclimate and motivate new immigrant women from congregations within the Synod to Presbyterian Women. They met three times a year. We hope to attract ALL women who are new to Presbyterian Women who want to start or enhance an existing PW group by learning skills to prepare for leadership roles. There is no financial cost to the participant.
The goals of the program are to build community and confidence, help women feel comfortable with public speaking and commit to the purpose of Presbyterian Women. The next class begins Sat., April 6, 2019, from 9:30 – 3:00 pm. More classes will be scheduled at everyone’s mutual need and availability. Click here for more details.
Presbyterian Women Circles in the Presbytery of Albany
First Presbyterian Church of Hudson Falls
Hamilton Union Presbyterian Church
Mayfield Central Presbyterian Church
Northville United Presbyterian Church
Roessleville Presbyterian Church
Schoharie United Presbyerian Church
The United Church of Greenwich
Valatie Prebyterian Church
West Charlton United Presbyterian Church
Westminster Presbyterian Church, Albany